About Neo......

My photo
Uncanny dreamer, rebellious by nature, a sketcher, a movie reviewer, and believes that everything in this world is highly debatable...there is no theory without any assumption....

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A busy day in office..........


“WTF"? , already 6.45 am!!! Suddenly Neo got up from bed......shit man! Why on earth, you gave a Monday Bhaggu! Neo thought while brushing his teeth...and if you have given the same, why it always follows a Sunday! Now neo is having his breakfast...it's gonna be a bad, bad day...neo thought while sitting in the Cab!


7.50 am, it is....still half an hour away from the den!!! 1st flash in the newspaper in bus, and it says, whoe, City hospitals are more crowded than multiplexes, 700+ positive cases of swine flu....every other passenger is wearing a mask!!!! Aaahh...where's mine! Shit, left it!!!!!! Anyways, 15 mins to the den, what’s the order of the day today!

Hmm...9.30 am, meeting with product manager, he wants us to meet for some unknown reason, and 10.30 am ...swine flu awareness campaign...have to promote the brand, 12 pm...recruitment...some guys should have to be interviewed for confirmation...evening have to meet HR for understanding the changes in some of the HR policies and communicating the same to my team...7.30 pm, team meeting, discussing the positives and negatives of the day.............5 mins to the den......mom called " do go to mandir today atleast"! I am going mom....office is the mandir now....she cut the phone.....8.45 am now, preeti called and screamed..." why on earth, you switched off the cell last night"?? and continued for another 10 mins....I only said...yes baba, no baba, sorry preetu....she cut the phone ...now this is unreal....with my big boss on leave...I have to handle everything...checked my new cell...32 messages yesterday...I could have guessed how many tried my no, but it was switched off....

Anyways 9.45 am, meeting started with product manager which came out with no major conclusions....11.50... I am in the car...meeting some of the Ad agencies....for discussing the ingredients of the right pamphlet for the awareness campaign , ( most important discussion there was budget)!!!!, anyways came back at 3 pm to the office...in between 8 messages from ASM asking the days contributions....hmmm.....gave the figures to him...half of the day has passed , still no lunch.....luckily preeti reminded....was sitting alone in a roof top restaurant around 3.30 pm when a gal on the opposite table saw me and gave a devilish smile....um....I know the meaning! Just was about to take food...when ASM called...neo....figures not happening......I want your team to be very focused in the next 4-5 hours....it SHOULD happen.....left the food half way....when a call came from product manager that he wants to meet urgently.....4.10....met him again!!!!!!...again all high value fundas! No implementation at the lowest level....gobbled all of that...Till 5.20 pm....ahh ears are red listening and listening and saying Yes sir, Yes Sir and Yes sir!!! Anyways had a cup of tea around 5.45 pm....was just checking official mails...in it a new standing instruction came...and I need to submit the report by 7 pm.....whoe....whats for in a day...completed it....by 8 pm......final team meeting happened at 8.30.....day was not good according to numbers...so have to deal the same in a hot and sweet way...5 more calls....in between from family and friends....just answered as swiftly as possible....finally when I packed my happy...its 8.45 pm...I guess ...I am the last guy to have gone out from the branch...

Hmmm....the evening was chilly and light shower was pouring...was just walking slowly ....called mom....yaa mom, went to the mandir, now khush!!!! She asked, you looked tired of enjoying today!!!! Ahhh, yes mom....I enjoyed every bit of the day( on a sad note), but guess what it was eventful to the core, I met many people, talked with many people and negotiated with them!! ....9.10 pm ...preeti called ...hmmmm....out right!!!......I told...hmm...in the cab....going home....but hey love you a lot and I missed you and I am very sorry about today! She just smiled and said, “I know you can be quite a pschycho, but I love you too, Happy B day! “ 9.50 pm ....reached home....thanks to Bangalore traffic....

That’s neo's definition of a day in office...hmmm....it was a pretty normal day....just another 7th august 2009...just another B day.....it was....quite an intriguing day.....

2 comments:

GAME said...

Good to find expressions which convey change in life,may be 10 years down the line these all r quit normal happenings in life and may not find place in neos....articals then...Good to see Neo trying to have a balance between personal and profession life,,,,taking few minutes out for personal things and then go bck full force in the professional spare. End of the day ma will be ma,,,Neow will be always baby to her,,,,I know life is not constant so its important to Njoy this emotional moments,,,Wish Neo All Luck in Uncertainity :)

Abhishek Roy said...

good one!!!! neo likes it :P