
“Why are women so hard to understand and interpret”? Asked Neo! It was a perfect lazy Sunday afternoon, sitting on the couch and seeing the rain droplets teasing the green leaves outside, neo suddenly asked to Mrs Karin! “Wrong!” she replied,’ In fact, women are most easy to understand if men have a transparent heart”! She said it with such an affirmation that it almost broke the ice without a clue! “Oh My Dark Lord, yes, I know that was coming”! Neo smirked! “Please, Mrs. Karin, don’t be such a feminist now, infact women are the most contrived creatures of nature, and there’s no deny in that”! “Oye Neo, I am not being feminist but every woman in life gives the men around her lot of cues about what she wants and secondly, yes, she might be contrived sometimes but she always chooses her one perfect man and only opens up to him for everything”. “ONE PERFECT MAN!, oh yes, sorry Mrs. Karin, but I couldn’t buy this, there’s no logic for being so obvious for any women, anyways, I got to go out now, dinner at Shrine’s place and then got to catch flight to Bangalore tomorrow early morning”! “You are a fool Neo and I Pity you, but next time when you get intimate with a girl, just remember what I told you, u will definitely find your lost left tragic logic”, She smiled! “And the doses keep on coming Mrs. Karin”, Adios, see you next time around! Neo hugged her tightly and left THE KARIN’S amidst the heavy rains.
Well there was something in those rains and Mrs. Karin’s words that afternoon, because something coincidental happened the next morning which to say the least changed a lot of things in Neo’s Life!
“IC 747 from Goa to Bangalore is delayed by three hours”! Read the electronic dashboard at 7.30 am!” What the heck, I am already 50 mins early to the airport and now this has to happen!” thought Neo! There’s no more dejected feeling than waking up early to see that your flight is delayed and you have nothing to do! But got to live with it, what to do now?
Generally Neo searches for the emptiest corner of the airport where there are few passengers roaming around, luckily for neo there’s this open cafeteria on the north west corner of the airport where very few passengers were there, just landed there, ordered one coffee and a newspaper! Ten minutes into the newspapers, one desperate shrill female voice suddenly broke the silence, “ Hey, if you don’t mind can I sit here!”
“Yes Off course you can!” Neo said, looking at her as if this was the last thing wished before death! Generally, Neo is very much perplexed by women around, but this one at the wrong time! Well. Let me concentrate on the newspaper rather than getting unnecessary pocked! Two minutes again into the paper, she again softly ask “Hey sorry again to bother you, but can I have a pen?” “Ahh, sorry yaar, I am not carrying one”, Neo replied back! “ Its ok, my fate!”, she replied with a sad shallow smile!
For the first time Neo had to look at her now and wow, she was gorgeous, a green Velvet satin sari with a light green finish, long black brownish hairs, soft brownish nail polish on her hands, light silver ear rings, a small Bindi in her fore head was teasing her beauty to eternal levels, but, hey red and moist eyes! Neo suddenly came out from her aura and understood she must have cried for hours and she looked very grim. There’s something with beautiful women, if they are grim, they feel the bestest environment around with a palpable darkness which is very hard to replace! “Is everything okay, u are looking grim!”, Neo had to ask her!
“Oh no. I am fine”, she replied with a fake smile! I instantly reverted, “It’s okay, cheer up, little things happen here and there, Coffee? “ Ain’t that much little for me!” She slowly said and then forcefully said, “No thanks”! “Ok”! Neo said!
Five minutes more, She herself said “What do you understand when someone says that he/she is having a life without any meaning”? I, took my time and reverted, “Depends!”, but generally there can’t be any life without meaning, I at least don’t understand it”!
“ You might not, but definitely is, my life definitely has no meaning left:, she literally screamed and a pin drop silence was evident for a few seconds in our nearby seats too! “ Sorry”!, she said than!
“ So what’s wrong with you”, Neo said, added, “ Why are you sobbing till my death”. “He he he “ I she replied, and then silence and then thunder again, “ You never are serious, aren’t u”? She re-confirmed!
“ Well lets be straight about something”, Neo fumed,” I feel you are going too quick with this, I am just trying to console you, not willing to get consoled in return Ok”?
“ Oye chill, I was kidding, Okay let me tell you what is the fallacy with me, but will you promise me one thing?”, she asked! “What?” I instantly replied! “Try to provide me a solution to it”, she said! This gal is surely a cracked nut, Neo thought, however, Neo replied, “Okay, I see to that, depends on the problem”.
Over the next half an hour, Neo heard an astonishing story, of her and what she is facing right now! She was in love with a guy for the last six years and though their families were all against it, they eloped and married only to see that her husband and his brother are getting killed and she being searched upon by her family members. “Whoe”!, Neo said, “ You are too calm for the situation, isn’t it”? She instantly replied, “Well, in the last 72 hours, I have seen the person whom I loved getting killed, the friends getting threatened, I my selves, though managed to survive from them, but I know I will be searched upon very soon!
“Hmmm, tricky, what suggestion you want!”, I slowly said, putting my hand over her soft hands! “ What should I do: suicide or surrender to them!” she replied! Neo looked at her, and said, “ Well, I won’t let you do wither, I am cancelling my flight. We will figure out something together, don’t worry”!
She looked at me siletly for about a Minute,“ Ha ha ha ha”! She, suddenly, smiled loudly, very loudly! “ You men are nuts, you seriously bought my cook book story or what”! she suddenly whopped! “ What the hell, Oye this is insane, was that a story” Neo just screamed! She just looked at my eyes, “ what if this would be real, will we made another harry meets shelly out of it or what?” She again smiled, “ Off course, this was a cook-book story dear, but it was a pleasure talking to you Mr. Stranger”, She said! Anyways, I was about to leave maam, Get a life, and do good with it, I told and started taking my luggages!
“Hey Mr., stranger, one thing”! She screamed! “What Now”! Neo almost blasted! She slowly smiled and
Said, “You know what, we will surely meet over the next life time!”, I replied, “Sure Maam, though I am not really waiting for you till eternity”! “Really, Neo thought, u would, my bad luck, ha ha adios Mate”! She screamed! Take care, Neo replied. She instantly mounted back, “try to understand the hidden cues behind every words of mine, Dr Watson, Wisdom is not too far away”. My last line to her, “Nice, but I have enough of it already”!
It’s been little more than 72 hours from the meet and neo was sweating in a chilly December night! How it all did happened! Everything that looked artificial was actually real! She actually died moments after meeting me! I was the last person on earth with whom she ever talked! Crap! How can I be so idiotic in misinterpreting what she really meant! I felt miserable thinking that I was her last hope, the last person who could have made her to choose life over death! But why was she so contrived, why she never allowed me to accompany her? Was she afraid or she accepted her fate! But she never looked so sad, rather she was mischievous and frivolous to a different level. That night, Neo could not sleep thinking about a hell lot of questions, but there were no answers only a face which is hard to forget in a lifetime!
Neo’s folk’s must be confused why’s this article! What point Neo tried to prove with the same! Well, poor Mrs Karin, she said it all actually, Neo is just obliging her words. Was Neo that ‘One Perfect Man’ or a mere last min passable stranger? Was Neo, the one, who could have actually made the different in her life? Or did all the cues she gave, till the last “ wisdom” waala line, all because she wanted to judge Neo in her own ways? These are questions; no one sadly, can answer, as it’s too late now! Only one contemplation for life left, if Neo understood her that time……………………………………………………..
.jpg)
2 comments:
nice one :)
Thanks :)
Post a Comment