About Neo......

My photo
Uncanny dreamer, rebellious by nature, a sketcher, a movie reviewer, and believes that everything in this world is highly debatable...there is no theory without any assumption....

Sunday, June 26, 2011

THE LAST PAGE OF BANGALORE DIARIES....


Bangalore- Diaries:

ONE LAST DRUNK CONVERSATION: THE BEGINNING OF AN END:

“Alcohol and women, these are the only two constants in your write ups, you are so predictable”, said Dey, after three large pegs he is too much frank most of the times. “And you are careless to the point of desperation and insaneness”, said pressi, if these two guys were not enough, there came the most tempting confrontation, “ pure menace man you are, no adjective can be more apt than it”, Beni added.
“ Thanks guys, many thanks, it feels really special to receive such special attention from you guys, especially the week I am departing from Bangaluru, the Bangalore diaries, those incidents, and you people in between all the desperation and hiccups, life couldn’t have been more challenging yet enterprising than this!
“ It truly is”, dey declared, “ We epitomise struggle and the struggle symbolises us, but that’s not the point of discussion here, there are two points to be discussed here, what about Bangalore diaries, and whats the way ahead with you”.
“Yes, before you leave, you should write about your maniac experiences about Bangalore and the road within”, said pressi.
Well that night we all were high, we made promises we would have never made otherwise, one among all the promises were about Bangalore Diaries and the hidden layering’s underneath!
THOSE EARLY CHILLY DAYS:
“As far as I remember one of my very first Bangalore memories has been the day when I first landed in the city, near a roadside Tea stall in Majestic waiting for a friend to pick me up. Mid 2008’s has been troubled times, a pick recession meant half of the eligible people were jobless, and a new kid on the block with a job is nothing short of a surprise, these were days where in forget about good profiles, a job was all that we desired to have for survival. I dropped in the city after a much needed vacation in hometown with only two bags and a half broken laptop along with great dreams of changing the world upside down! That evening was chilly with intermittent rains, I never felt rain droplets so chilly on the skin in a hot summer, I was zipping in a coffee when my friend arrived full wet and told me “Welcome to Bangalore “!
I remember my very first observations about the city being the famous Sukh Sagar’s in every lane and every corner, desi vegetarian outlets with quality foods, and the green colored Auto’s and beautiful buses which connects almost every part of the city!
I had still three days to join and I did not had any room of my own. So I slept with three other roomies in a 150 sq feet small room that night fully covered with blankets because of the chilly weather and rains.
THE DESI DELHLITES:
In the initial days, I had only two friends whom I knew, both of them from Delhi, struggling hard to satisfy their bosses in whichever ways we can imagine and trying to search some other jobs, we used to booze in a rooftop restaurant on weekends, the bangalore culture did relish in boozing a lot, every lane you go, you will find a decent wine shop with almost all the wines in the world, weekends were all about puffs and spirit and most of the time liquor took the more out of us.
I also remember the first time I ever made love, was in the eve of the New Year, with a senior from college at her Apartment, it all happened accidently as we both were drunk that evening and there were celebrations of the New Year all around. Well as they say some accidents are worth remembering, she definitely will be cherished right through.
PEOPLE DON’T QUIT JOBS, THEY QUIT MANAGERS:
Initial days I had a very bad job from the company of my dreams, I always wanted to work under the largest private sector financial organization of the country, I got the opportunity too, but the end result was pathetic if not a disaster. When any MT enters a organization, he is inducted initially about the company role and all, before allocating to the respective departments. It was the other way around, there was no induction, infact the very first day, I remember my line manager, taking me to a corner and telling me, “ Why have you choosed this vertical, its terror out there”! I was surprised, what is this man talking about! In the next one week, I understood what organization culture I was part off, I saw experienced people scratching their heads when they were being verbally abused at work, the culture boasted from slangs to unhealthy abuses, from forcefully completion of work to never showing the way of doing things, what was surprising was that people at national level knew all these facts but they never wanted to make their hands dirty as business was coming.
I remember I had one bike accident, when my bike skidded badly, and though no major damage was done, but there were brushes everywhere in the body, I took the day off. I remember very clearly that night at 11 pm, I was forced to attend a concall, and when my boss gave me a slang for what so ever reasons, I immediately refuted and put down my papers, I had an offer in hand so I made the glad choice of not being part of an conman culture, well first job, I had the worst exposure, but it was actually good as I came to know how it feels being in part of an extreme un-corporate like, illiterate culture.


THE MUCH NEEDED SHOCK :
Early 2009’s, my elder brother marriage, a rare occasion to celebrate, saw love knocking me all over again,I have never felt something like that after my school days and all these years which passed by happily, sometimes we just flow with the passing wind, I still don’t know what made me to propose her almost midnight, walking in the middle of a silent road just after two days of meeting her for the first time! There was sheer magic in her eyes, her smile came to me as soothing as like touching something as soft as a velvet. She was pure magic and I was one of her happy spells. After days of proposal, I got so much love , care and affection, that it seemed nothing less than a fairy tale. But as all fairy tales don’t have a happy ending we broke off , and with her, broke my faith in relationships, only I can tell how miserable I felt when her calmness was not around, I realized I was never lucky with relationships, I tried a lot to bring her back but she was gone in a whisker.
THE CUP OF JOY, MANIAC ROOMIES AND THE FUN-FILLED END DAYS:
The last ten months in Bangalore have been pure fun. I collated with my school mates and joined them in the infamous no.329, Koramangala, they were sheer fun and the time we did spend some real chilly times with others. Each of my new roomies were a complete contrast to one another, I never have met entirely different characters under one roof, but together they Make real sense, because you get a feeling of belongingness amidst diversity.
The new job shaped out well too, I now completely understood what’s the difference in between a conman culture and a proactive family culture, when I joined, I started with one base unit than went in became to handle one whole location and more was coming. Bosses were cooperative, colleagues, a flesh of brilliant, innovative B-school whiz kids, and a supportive culture of fun and work, make the best work out for me.
Bangalore Diaries would be totally incomplete if I don’t mention about the biggest event that our generation which we were blessed to witness! When eleven blue men showed the World what they were capable of doing. Chasing a hard score on a tricky surface, the young guns that night played with such panache and authority that it washed away all doubts if any Indian would have had in his mind that India is shining! I again emphasize this win is definitely one of the major landmarks in the history of that shining India where in every Indian started believes “If we want, we can do anything”! It’s very hard to forget that night, mentally, physically and emotionally, the moment skipper hit the most defining shot of the century, we were in a different world. We cried, we laughed, we cherished and all became friends for life!


THE LAST WORDS OF BLISS:
Lastly, on a end note, Bangalore diaries have been full of hope, desperation to achieve the unachievable, getting fully drunk but attending the next day’s meetings in time, making love and than making promises of never to see each other, falling in love and getting heartbroken again. I as a person failed, failed and failed several times, but each failure has been in this way or the other a pillar to success, got good memories, good friends, brilliant ambiences, and only Bangalore has revived the writer in me, I always relished to be a feel-good writer and Bangalore diaries are a testimony to all that! Off to the city Of Joy People.”
……………………….Regards NEO, Bangalore Airport, Café Zopia Lounge,
Oh by the way, there is a beautiful girl sitting just opposite to me in a beautiful red gown! Gosh, all good things happen late. C ya ;)

No comments: