THE DISTRACTION
“The trouble is, as a writer sometimes there is no point to prove, but we still write to prove a point”, I shyly said! It was kind of ominous that I finish my lecture in here, given the fact that I was not sure what I was saying , and then secondly, a lecture on ‘Passion for writing’ somehow never clicks with the teens and I got my 1st signal when a specs wearing geek kind of boy sitting in a 1st row yawned!
“Keep on writing friends, keep on exploring your ideas, thank you” I said, and the claps did indicate its bag pack time! “A rainy day never quite helps the cause Neo, but I am so happy you participated in my work shop” said preeti, running around from the south west side of the Hall and hugging around! “Anything for you”, I smilingly said!
“Come around, lets walk”, she said! “ah, now its rainy and dark” I immediately reverted! “cummon, this is going to be fun and besides the fact that you are my soul mate now and we are getting married in three weeks gives me a little bit of liberty to demand for these moments now, let’s walk please”, preeti insisted! “ but, preeti, you know, I have a bad history of nausea and tonsillitis and besides……”, before I could even finish she gave me such a look, I instantly reverted,” let’s move”!
About Neo......
- Abhishek Roy
- Uncanny dreamer, rebellious by nature, a sketcher, a movie reviewer, and believes that everything in this world is highly debatable...there is no theory without any assumption....
Sunday, February 10, 2013
“ laptop bag check, purse check and blazer in hand”, I said to her, “ Checked” She smiled and dragged me out as it started pouring! “Ah, see it has started pouring” I made a hard eye contact with her and she replied “It’s a drizzle Neo, common, I need this walk with you, I need to ask you something very important and significant”. My heart started beating as I asked “ What is it now preeti, anything wrong”! She looked at me and I tried to read her eyes,’ hmm, straight eyes, very tricky to read’, I said to me, as we walked slowly, crossing a busy street, holding hand and yes the rain started to fall a bit heavily now.
THE MORAL DEBATE
“Epic, she is not saying anything now”, I said to me, as we crossed some school kids enjoying the rain, I looked at her, head down, she did hold my hands tightly and even tighter was her face! “wait”, I said, she looked at me and said slowly “ what”! I said “just a second” and I crossed the road, went to the roadside florist shop and purchased some Red roses and came back, “ This is for you preeti, just saw that road side florist shop, you might not have noticed”. She took the bouquet and smilingly said” I did noticed that Neo” and pushed me, breaking the ice.
“Let’s sit somewhere” I asked her, as we heard two clouds colliding with a very sound, and reacted in unison! “Well, we are getting drenched now” she said, cuddling my hairs! I smilingly replied “As if it is the first time”! She said, “Than I have a perfect place five minutes walking, let’s move”, she replied!
The nicest thing about Bangalore is the number of parks it has! Every two streets is finished by a park, big parks for couples and oldies to spend quality time Preeti took me into one, and it was not only nice but the best part is it did have small small tomb like structures under which, though one can’t fully escape a thunderstorm , but for the basic Bangalore rain, just perfect. There was a silence in the surrounding as we sat in one tomb, rain ment that there were virtually any crowd around, and with every thunderstorm roaring in, we knew a thunderstorm was ready to greet us.
“What is it preeti” I slowly whispered, holding her hands as we looked at each other again. “ Why are you marrying me Neo” , she almost asked effortlessly. I smiled at her and said, “Why do you want an answer preeti”. She said in a firm voice, “ you must answer me, it matters to me, stop behaving like a cheesy boy friend for a moment please!” “ Okay, let’s do it in the mature way , I shall and will definitely answer your question, but I have a question for you”, I firmly looked at her, as another lightning groaned in between us and thunderstorm now drenching us. “ Ask “! She replied!!
“Are you anxious preeti”? I asked! “What kind of question is this, anyone will be anxious before his/her marriage Neo”, she replied.” Correcto i am amending the question, are you anxious about us in the since we are kind of marrying without the families consent and you might not be sure about me as yet” I asked direct. “Hmmm, it’s not about surety, but yes these things do matter”, she said. “ Right you are, and it’s the same anxiety with me preeti” I said her. “Then, what’s the way ahead” preeti asked slowly.
“It Depends on the fact that how much of our lives we can leave to chance” I firmly answered. “Means what Neo” Preeti said. “Preeti, at the end of the day, we have a choice about everything, you know for a change, I was named with many during my college days, but I believe in us, I believe that together both you and me can make a great team and cherish each other, and I firmly stood by my point and that’s why I wanna marry you”, I said. “Hmm, Neo so love took a backseat is it”! Preeti asked! “ Love is the basis for everything we stand for , our 1st meet, our belongingness but matter of hearts must be within the heart, its our decisions at the end of the day which will take us ahead preeti, love dies after a moment if we can’t stick together but decisions don’t, they define us preeti, and they have defined u and me”, I said. “I agree Neo, every word of u but……”,I stopped her and said, “ Than just walk with me, we have enough love to walk all the day, you just need to walk with me”.
THAT WALK THAN........
“And I am Neo, I am “ , she smiled and hugged me in between the rains! “ Ready for the walk of life eh, or still anxious “I laughed and asked! “Only if you walk with me without stopping to my PG”, she laughed and said. “ That’s a no brainer, with great power comes great responsibility” I said, as we again started walking. “ Stop being cynical” She said as I saw her walking up the stairs of her PG with the Roses in her hand. “ Oye, it was a dialogue from Spiderman, remember Peter Parker”! I screamed and left the building.
That Night I remembered her last text as I slept in peace, “ Welcome to the glory, Mr.committed”. Hmm, it sounded like Mr. India, though I knew I am ready for the new phase of life! It’s a weird feel but better be this way!!!
From Neo Desk
THE MORAL DEBATE
“Epic, she is not saying anything now”, I said to me, as we crossed some school kids enjoying the rain, I looked at her, head down, she did hold my hands tightly and even tighter was her face! “wait”, I said, she looked at me and said slowly “ what”! I said “just a second” and I crossed the road, went to the roadside florist shop and purchased some Red roses and came back, “ This is for you preeti, just saw that road side florist shop, you might not have noticed”. She took the bouquet and smilingly said” I did noticed that Neo” and pushed me, breaking the ice.
“Let’s sit somewhere” I asked her, as we heard two clouds colliding with a very sound, and reacted in unison! “Well, we are getting drenched now” she said, cuddling my hairs! I smilingly replied “As if it is the first time”! She said, “Than I have a perfect place five minutes walking, let’s move”, she replied!
The nicest thing about Bangalore is the number of parks it has! Every two streets is finished by a park, big parks for couples and oldies to spend quality time Preeti took me into one, and it was not only nice but the best part is it did have small small tomb like structures under which, though one can’t fully escape a thunderstorm , but for the basic Bangalore rain, just perfect. There was a silence in the surrounding as we sat in one tomb, rain ment that there were virtually any crowd around, and with every thunderstorm roaring in, we knew a thunderstorm was ready to greet us.
“What is it preeti” I slowly whispered, holding her hands as we looked at each other again. “ Why are you marrying me Neo” , she almost asked effortlessly. I smiled at her and said, “Why do you want an answer preeti”. She said in a firm voice, “ you must answer me, it matters to me, stop behaving like a cheesy boy friend for a moment please!” “ Okay, let’s do it in the mature way , I shall and will definitely answer your question, but I have a question for you”, I firmly looked at her, as another lightning groaned in between us and thunderstorm now drenching us. “ Ask “! She replied!!
“Are you anxious preeti”? I asked! “What kind of question is this, anyone will be anxious before his/her marriage Neo”, she replied.” Correcto i am amending the question, are you anxious about us in the since we are kind of marrying without the families consent and you might not be sure about me as yet” I asked direct. “Hmmm, it’s not about surety, but yes these things do matter”, she said. “ Right you are, and it’s the same anxiety with me preeti” I said her. “Then, what’s the way ahead” preeti asked slowly.
“It Depends on the fact that how much of our lives we can leave to chance” I firmly answered. “Means what Neo” Preeti said. “Preeti, at the end of the day, we have a choice about everything, you know for a change, I was named with many during my college days, but I believe in us, I believe that together both you and me can make a great team and cherish each other, and I firmly stood by my point and that’s why I wanna marry you”, I said. “Hmm, Neo so love took a backseat is it”! Preeti asked! “ Love is the basis for everything we stand for , our 1st meet, our belongingness but matter of hearts must be within the heart, its our decisions at the end of the day which will take us ahead preeti, love dies after a moment if we can’t stick together but decisions don’t, they define us preeti, and they have defined u and me”, I said. “I agree Neo, every word of u but……”,I stopped her and said, “ Than just walk with me, we have enough love to walk all the day, you just need to walk with me”.
THAT WALK THAN........
“And I am Neo, I am “ , she smiled and hugged me in between the rains! “ Ready for the walk of life eh, or still anxious “I laughed and asked! “Only if you walk with me without stopping to my PG”, she laughed and said. “ That’s a no brainer, with great power comes great responsibility” I said, as we again started walking. “ Stop being cynical” She said as I saw her walking up the stairs of her PG with the Roses in her hand. “ Oye, it was a dialogue from Spiderman, remember Peter Parker”! I screamed and left the building.
That Night I remembered her last text as I slept in peace, “ Welcome to the glory, Mr.committed”. Hmm, it sounded like Mr. India, though I knew I am ready for the new phase of life! It’s a weird feel but better be this way!!!
From Neo Desk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment